lichess.org
Donate

Search "user:browni3141"

21 forum posts
Lichess Feedback - Analysis Bug#1

Lichess says that 4. Bxf7+ is a mate in 6 for white, which is clearly untrue. I think it is referencing cloud analysis for three check rules, where it would indeed be a mate in 6. This seems like the …

browni3141
General Chess Discussion - Fat Fritz is not the Only Ripoff and now ChessBase is Getting Sued#113

IP shouldn't even exist so suing over it is pretty lame.

browni3141
Lichess Feedback - draw for insufficient material#7

@Sputnik_Monroe Thanks for checking! @benwerner Aren't there some positions where it would be difficult for a computer to determine if a helpmate is possible? Although they might only exist as composi…

browni3141
General Chess Discussion - I really need help with endgames#10

You can filter for endgame puzzles in the tactics trainer. In this game it seems like a one move tactical error lost more than a poor understanding of endgames in general. You just need to learn the p…

browni3141
Lichess Feedback - draw for insufficient material#4

Makes me wonder, if there was a black pawn also on h4 would it be drawn or lost? The FIDE rule referenced would make it a draw because the king is forced to take the bishop, but I wonder if the Liches…

browni3141
Lichess Feedback - Incorrect link trophy winner of the marathon.#15

So you don't believe there are any examples of a strong player without an OTB rating? It is not fair to require such credentials from players.

browni3141
Lichess Feedback - Incorrect link trophy winner of the marathon.#6

What if one has no relevant real world details? Some players such as me play almost exclusively online and may not have any OTB rating, or may not have a remotely accurate one.

browni3141
General Chess Discussion - mental preparation befor the game#8

Before an important online game I usually just bring a glass of water. Prepare your environment to minimize any possible distractions so all your focus can be on the game. If the game is important eno…

browni3141
Lichess Feedback - Does my opponent can castling ?#5

It is the king that can not castle through check. It's okay if the rook has to move through check during the castle.

browni3141
General Chess Discussion - Engines#3

From what I know this is very difficult to do effectively. It would be very expensive to retroactively re-calculate everybody's ratings every time a cheater was discovered and their games nullified. I…

browni3141